Monday, February 2, 2009

Key to happiness

What is the key to your happiness? Do you know?

I might be generalizing here but I think for most of us it's certain people, things, events, moments which can independently or in combination bring happiness. When it comes to people, anybody who has the power to make us happy also has the power to cause distress (true in most cases).

Now, let’s talk about me. I used to have a key to my happiness or should I say a key to my emotions? I had the original with me and distributed a copy of the key to all my loved ones (some of them were assumed loved ones and others were those who openly declared their love for me and I believed them) with or without their knowledge. Yes, I know I’m stupid. So, these people now had some amount of control over my emotions. When the going was good, I used to think it couldn’t get any better but one bad moment would leave me in a state of unrest. And once things went out of control and a so called loved one started treating me like a doormat, I went in to a state of depression. Reading books written by some wise men and women is what got me out of that horrible state of mind.

I did learn my lessons though. I have now changed the locks. There is a new key which works on it's own and only I have access it. There are no copies of it. The old key still works but only in combination with the new key. So, if somebody has to make me happy or sad, they have to first use their key and I can later decide whether or not to use mine. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,nice post Zen- baba!!! :D

Arunima said...

:-) good food for thought.

moody crab said...

@arunima: u think so? thanks :)