Friday, December 21, 2007

trying my hand at poetry

Earlier this year, I was trying really hard to come up with a decent piece of poetry. Eventually, one summer night I heard myself read out a beautiful verse in my dream. I woke with utter disbelief that I had come up with something that brilliant. Actually, I didn’t wake up. Ok, I did wake up but I didn’t get up from my bed because I’m a very lazy person who would never do something like that. I woke up the next morning and I didn’t remember a thing. Not even a word. Last night, it was déjà vu (probably inspired by TS' latest post). If only I had a PDA on my bedpost, one with a decent handwriting recognition software, I would've done the needful whilst lying on the bed. I was too lazy to switch on the lights (yes, there are two of them connected to a single switch) in the middle of the night and search for pen and paper. Ok, I wouldn’t have had to search for them because they are always on my bedpost. But I was too lazy to get up from my bed on a wintry night. You don’t have to be smart-ass and remind me that the first time it happened, it was actually summer. The bottom-line is I’m extremely lazy. Period.

Last July, I wrote this piece (of crap, if you wish), a few days before my grandfather passed away. I haven’t been able to write anything after that. No, his death has not emotionally scarred me (even though I was close to him). I’m just not able to write.

Tresses and waves
Surfers and dreamers
Cries of the unborn
Reborn gaiety

Confused men
Women in labour
Physical delirium
Mental manifestation

Charmers and snakes
Loners and crooners
Reticent music
Operatic dreams

Rainbow physics
Babies of boredom
A God’s orchestrated
Fall from grace

5 comments:

TS said...

Wow.

You should write songs, my friend.

moody crab said...

@ts

thanks.. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the way you write..it's simple, uncomplicated and something that I can relate to..:-)

Unknown said...

all i wanna say is that the title is a serious understatement !!

moody crab said...

@ tripti

thank you.. :)

@ abhijit

ur statement is a lil overrated.. thanks bud... :)