Friday, December 21, 2007

My first post

I have been lurking around the blogosphere for a while. Not long back, I had a blog with a lone post. Fortunately or unfortunately, I could not rescue it from literary oblivion.

After the demise of my last blog, I made a conscious decision not to blog until I was sure of being able to post on a regular basis (not that I was busy, I’m just lazy). I’m in my mid-twenties but when it comes to writing (and motorbikes), I’m old-school. The moment I sit in front of a computer screen with any kind of word processor staring at my face, I freeze. Give me some paper and a pen and I will write reams and reams of crap, but a blank document on a word processor window gives me the creeps. I think I suffer from selective writer’s block (apart from OCD). The worst (or should I say the best?) part is I’m paid (shortly, I’ll be paid obscene money) to sit and stare at blank documents all day long. Ok, I’m not paid to stare at blank documents, but to create documents with content and its not even funny that I haven’t created one in the last five months, which was the second most convincing reason (yes, I had to convince my boss) for changing my job. First being the obscene salary.

3 comments:

WriterLady said...

and here's ur first comment...welcome i say from another moody crab :) nice to c u here... dont be lazy blogger pl....u have a nice writing style :))

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm a bull in a china shop.
i see you've linked me up... thanks! do you by any chance know me off blogosphere?

moody crab said...

@ writerlady
thanks.. :) thank god you didnt say my writing style is interesting.. :D

@ wanderlust
Hi!! you are welcome.. :) i've been reading ur posts for a while... unfortunately, i dont know you off the blogosphere.. :P