Friday, January 18, 2008

Breaking the law!!!

Most men follow this unwritten law while using Restrooms.

“Thou shall use the farthest available urinal from the ones being used”.

Yours truly hates it when someone breaks this above-mentioned law. Men, unlike women don’t bond in restrooms and the last thing a man wants when he is urinating is the presence of another man awfully close to him. It is comprehensible for somebody to take one of the abutting urinals if the restroom is crowded. But when it is deserted, committing such an act is considered sacrilegious by most of us.

Around six months ago, I was at a Multiplex with my friends. During Intermission, we were the first few people to exit the hall. While my friends headed towards the popcorn counter, I entered the restroom. I was really happy to see it uninhabited as I suffer from performance anxiety (only when it comes to urinating in crowded restrooms). I got to the urinal at the far end of the restroom with the logic that people who would enter after me would use the ones closer to the door. So, I took my position, unzipped, closed my eyes and was trying hard to concentrate on the task at hand. Just then, I felt a tap on my back.

ABORT MISSION!!! ABORT MISSION!!! ABORT MISSION!!!

I could hear the alarm wailing (inside my head).

I couldn’t do what I was there to do. I opened my eyes and turned around to see my colleague taking his position in the urinal right next to mine. This, when the whole damn restroom was devoid of any other human form. I forced a smile, said hi, zipped my trousers and left without completing the act I was there to accomplish (Of course, I washed my hands before leaving).

That evening, my colleague not only broke the unwritten restroom law, he went a step further and broke my concentration by patting my back. I had to wait a few more minutes for people to return to the movie. I then went back to the restroom and found a couple of kids (luckily, they didn’t look intimidating) playing with the faucets with passive infrared sensors. This time, I accomplished my task and heaved a sigh of relief (literally). I know that most women will think "what's the whole fuss about?".

Dude, if you are reading this, don’t get offended. You are a nice guy. I have nothing against you. You were probably surprised to see me there. But you could have waited till I was done or till we got out of that restroom. I think you were unaware of the existence of the above-mentioned law. Now that you know, don’t ever think of breaking it again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha. not-so-Creative impotence? ;)

makes me happy to know that guys have such issues. :p

Anonymous said...

lol @ 'I suffer from performance anxiety (only when it comes to urinating in crowded restrooms'....
moody, its grt tat for once we women aren't the only ones getting picked on for our "restroom habits"...:)